Treatment that Fits You
Your braces options at Limestone Hills Orthodontics come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors, making life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and even more stylish than ever before.
All About Teen Orthodontics
The teen years (between the ages of 12 and 16) are the most common time for orthodontic treatment in Northwest Austin because that’s when most permanent teeth will be in place.
Newer treatment options, like the variety of clear aligners we offer at Limestone Hills Orthodontics, provide low-profile alignment solutions that won't cramp your style.
Experienced orthodontists like Dr. Viecilli can easily recognize issues with spacing, crowding, bite, and alignment during this age range. Around this age, bone and jaw structures are at a developmental point where they will respond well to orthodontic treatment at Limestone Hills Orthodontics.
Signs Your Teenager May Need Braces
If you notice any of the following issues, we recommend a free consultation with Dr. Viecilli at Limestone Hills Orthodontics, since they could be signs you would benefit from orthodontic treatment:
- Early, late, or irregular loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty with chewing or biting
- Crowding or extra spacing between teeth
- Jaws that shift or make sounds
- Frequent biting of the cheek or the inside of the mouth
- Teeth that meet abnormally or not at all
- Jaws and teeth that are out of proportion to the rest of the face
- Protrusion of teeth
Allowing Dr. Viecilli to diagnose and treat bite problems can have short-term and long-term benefits, like straighter teeth, reduced pain, and an easier time speaking and chewing.
We can minimize many problems classified as “bad bites” at Limestone Hills Orthodontics, including:
- Crooked or crowded teeth
- Missing or extra teeth
- An overbite or underbite
- Incorrect jaw position
- A disorder of the jaw joint
Benefits of a Straight Smile
The benefits of orthodontic treatment are more than cosmetic. Straight teeth that respond well to orthodontic treatment at Limestone Hills Orthodontics can give your teen a ton of benefits, like:
- Being less prone to wear and tear, chipping, and tooth trauma
- Being easier to keep clean, helping to prevent tooth decay and cavities
- Reducing the chances of developing gum disease, which can result in bone loss, decay, and tooth loss
- Improving proper chewing and digestion of food
After evaluating your smile, Dr. Viecilli may recommend an orthodontic appliance.
Here at Limestone Hills Orthodontics, your options include:
Bulky, ugly braces are a thing of the past. At Limestone Hills Orthodontics, we use the latest in lightweight, comfortable braces technology to make your experience comfortable and painless.
FAQs About Teen Orthodontics
Invest in Your Teen’s Smile Today
During your free consultation, Dr. Viecilli will be happy to discuss the benefits of treatment, as well as the risk of putting it off.
Orthodontic treatment is an investment in your child’s future, and we can’t wait to help you get started at Limestone Hills Orthodontics!